Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Speaking of Names

Okay, now you know where "Maloha" came from.

When I first created my website (heartspiritstudio.com), I tried to get my name as my domain name - but it's already taken.  Turns out that Todd Rundgren's  long time friend and tour director is also named Mary Lou Arnold (http://rockshowcritique.com/2016/01/interview-todd-rundgrens-tour-director-mary-lou-arnold/). The domain isn't developed, it's just parked, but not available for sale. I tried maloha.com - but that's taken too.

Now what?  I use a lot of heart imagery in my work; heart, art, heART, you can see how that evolved. HeARTSpiritStudio sounded right to me, so I went for it. Oh, and in case you're wondering, the 401 is from my anniversary - Rex & I got married on April Fool's Day - but that's another story.

Recently for yuks and giggles I did another domain name search, and marylouarnoldart.com is available - should I go for it? I'm not so certain that a change is necessary, but it would probably be easier for people to find me and my paintings on the web. That, along with the fact that I need to let people know I'm out there!

Do you have a website, and if so, how did you arrive at the name if you were lucky enough to obtain a domain with your name? If not, how did you decide on your brand, your name?

Comments welcome!

~Mahalo~

No comments: